While you know the benefits that come from creating regular blog content, it can sometimes be difficult to know what to write about. Coming up with great and relevant ideas can be difficult but if you are looking to engage your audience and promote your business in the most effective and appropriate way, you need to come up with great ideas.
So what do you when inspiration isn’t striking? What you need is a GO TO list that will help you to think about brilliant ideas on the spot. If you want to banish writers block for good, here are 50 ways for you to dream up new content on a second.
1. Ask fellow business owners for a guest post..
2. Ask fellow business owners if they will be interviewed
3. Ask other business owners for ideas
4. Ask yourself – what is the biggest issue in my industry? Find the answer for yourself and then share your thoughts or the solution
5. Be analytical – look at what topics have generated most traffic or interest in your site and use this as your starting point for new content
6. Choose a book that your audience will have an interest in and look through the topics for inspiration
7. Create a survey or poll and share it on social media – the poll should ask your users what content they want covered or what issues they need answering
8. Create blog posts that compile your previous blogs into handy reference and resource lists – for instance, if you have written blogs providing resources for Twitter marketing – create a new blog that discusses the topic and then list all of the relevant blogs
9. Find a list post relevant to your business or industry and then expand on any (or all) of the points
10. Get a pen and some paper and “brainstorm” ideas
11. Get yourself over to Reddit and look at what topics are trending – choose a relevant trending topic as your starting point..
12. Go for a walk and see if your wander provides you with inspiration..
13. Go to a forum for your business, industry or area and read the comments
14. Go to a rival blog and see what is most popular – then give your own slant or opinion
15. Go to Blog Engage and consider what relevant writers are discussing..
16. Go to Buzzsumo and find out what the most relevant content in your industry is..
17. Go to Facebook and check out your news-feed to see what topics are trending
18. Go to Facebook and see if anyone has posted on your page with a question you can answer or a topic you can discuss..
19. Go to Facebook and utilise Facebook Interests to create a list of content that is relevant to your industry
20. Go to Facebook or Twitter and engage your audience – the best way to find out what people want to read about is to ask them what they want to read about..
21. Go to Facebook or Twitter and listen in on conversations taking place between your followers or people in your area – if there are topics of interest, write about these popular topics..
22. Go to Facebook, join a relevant group and see what the relevant topics are
23. Go to Google and search on the keywords you want to rank for – look at the articles being written for this keyword(s) and give your own slant or opinion
24. Go to Google and use the auto-complete function to see what it provides you with
31. Go to Quora and look for questions that you can answer
32. Go to Stumble Upon and then “stumble upon” topics you want to write about
33. Go to Twitter and check what is trending in the sidebar
34. Go to Ubersuggest and look for suggestions or keywords on a specific topics
35. Go to Yahoo Answers, find questions people want answered and then give an expansive response
36. Go to your blog and read the comments, are people asking questions or commenting on certain topics? If there are, this should be an idea to write about
37. Go to your email analytics and see if there is a topic or headline that gets answered most – if there is, this is what people want to read about
38. Install a plugin like CommentLuv on your WordPress blog to see what your commenters blog about
39. Look at the news and see what is happening
40. Look at your rivals or popular blogs in your niche – are there topics that are popular and that you have an opinion on? Be original but you can find great inspiration by looking at relevant content
41. Make sure you have Google Alerts set up to provide you with keywords and relevant stories for your business, industry or niche
42. Read an industry magazine and see if anything inspires you
43. Review your offline materials and publications for ideas
44. Search social media for relevant and trending hashtags
45. Showcase different uses for your products or services
46. Spotlight your employees and create a blog post about their average day
47. Think about a question or issue that has always had you stumped and then find the answer – then write about it
48. Through Google, check out Google Trends and see what topics are popular